IPA 2014-2020 programme is implemented in direct management and the Delegation of the European Union to Albania will be the Contracting Authority for this programme.
The CBC bodies coordinating the programming and implementation process on the respective sides of the border are the Ministry of European Integration, Directorate for Cross-border cooperation and Transnational Programmes, Albania and the Ministry for Local Government Administration, Department for Cooperation and Regional Development, Kosovo.
The JTS is located in Kukes, Albania, and the Antenna in Prizren, Kosovo.
The 1st Joint Monitoring Committee meeting of the IPA CBC Programme Albania-Kosovo 2014-2020 was held in Prizren, Kosovo on the 25th of May 2016 where representatives from local authorities, line ministries from both countries and also representatives of the Delegation of the European Union in Albania participated.
The main topics discussed were:
- Presentation of the activities implemented so far under the IPA CBC Programme Albania-Kosovo 2014-2020
- Presentation, discussion and approval of JMC Rules of Procedures
- Presentation of the proposed thematic priorities, specific objectives and target beneficiaries for the first Call for Proposals
- Presentation, discussion and approval of the JTS Annual work plan for year 2016
- Presentation, discussion and approval of the Communication and Visibility Plan (CAP) for year 2016
All the above mentioned documents were approved and the participation of the members was very active. The JMC gathers twice a year in order to discuss and approve various issues and documents of the programme.